Movement is life. Today, for many, movement is riding in your car. But they didn’t want to say this at all with this worldly proverb. Nowadays, a car is no longer a luxury, but has become a means of transportation. Moreover, for many, the car has become an integral part of the work. Taxi drivers, truckers, minibus drivers, etc. cannot imagine life without a car. These professions require drivers to be driving all day. What is the danger of a sedentary lifestyle for men, and what occupational diseases await drivers?
Top most common drivers diseases:
- Prostatitis . One of the most common diseases of the male genital area. A sedentary lifestyle is one of the main and most common causes of prostatitis. Being a long time in a sitting position, blood circulation is disturbed and a stagnant process appears in the pelvic area, which leads to prostatitis.
- Hemorrhoids . Caused by hemorrhoids not only impaired blood circulation in the pelvis. Frequent constipation is the main cause of hemorrhoids in men. An unbalanced diet with insufficient fiber, necessary for the digestive tract, is the main cause of constipation. Therefore, to prevent hemorrhoids in men, it is necessary to use foods containing fiber: fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds.
- Osteochondrosis . Osteochondrosis is caused by a sedentary lifestyle and a wrong posture while driving.
- Sciatica One of the most common causes of radiculitis is osteochondrosis.
- Excess weight in men . Lack of physical activity contributes to the deposition of excess fat. This leads to a violation of metabolic processes, after which the situation with excess weight is even worse. The situation is not aggravated by the wrong diet, of which fast food is an integral part.
- Cardiovascular disease . Men whose profession is constantly driving are prone to heart attacks and hypertension for two reasons: strong emotional stress and lack of physical activity. Emotional overload is manifested due to the constant tension at the wheel: you must always be focused and careful so as not to get into an accident. The lack of physical activity contributes to the weakening and atrophy of the heart muscle, which leads to various cardiovascular diseases.
- Male infertility A sitting position contributes to an increase in temperature and overheating of the testicles, which interferes with the maturation of sperm and the secretion of male hormones. The driver’s heated seat aggravates the situation, as well as tight men’s underwear adversely affects the health of men.
- Gastrointestinal tract disease . Applies to drivers who neglect healthy food and often do not have time to eat normally. For example, truckers.
Prevention of occupational diseases of drivers
So, what needs to be done in order to minimize the consequences caused by a long stay behind the wheel.
The first thing you need to pay attention to is physical activity. If possible, do hiking and exercise. If possible, take breaks. During the break, try to move more and, if the situation allows, do exercises to improve blood circulation in the pelvis:
- Circular rotation of the pelvis, first one way, then the other
- Torso forward with hands touching the floor
- Torso sideways
If there is no way to get up, you can do the following exercise: sitting, we begin to draw in the area between the testicles and anus, while the muscles of the buttocks should not strain. Potency muscles – the pubic-coccygeal muscle are trained with this exercise. Exercise is effective for the prevention of prostatitis, as well as diseases associated with stagnation of blood in the pelvic area.
The second thing drivers should think about is the equipment of their driver’s seat with a special orthopedic mattress.
– prevention of osteochondrosis, radiculitis, hemorrhoids, prostatitis
– improves blood circulation in the pelvic organs
– supports correct posture
– reduces fatigue while driving
Remember, warning is easier than curing. Therefore, it is better to do the prevention of diseases on time, otherwise occupational diseases of drivers can appear at any time.