Scientific studies have shown the effect of smoking on sperm concentration, their mobility and morphology among fertile and infertile men. Researches on men with fertilization problems who used nicotine, showed an average 24% decrease in sperm concentration and 12% reduction in their mobility.
Smoking and Decrease of Seminal Fluid Quality
The impact on fertility and quality of sperm – the conclusions of the research:
- Concentration: Studies have shown 23% reduction in the concentration among male smokers.
- Mobility: When sperm do not have sufficient mobility level, there a problem can occur with their discharge into the ovum, making it impossible for the fertilization process. Scientists have identified problems with fertility in 13% of the male population of smokers.
- Morphology: The morphology of sperm associated with the shape of the sperm. Improper form among sperm can be affected by the lack of sufficient mobility to get into the ovule during fertilization. Among men who abuse tobacco, there is a smaller number of healthy sperm of regular shape than those who do not smoke.
- The disturbance in hormonal background among smokers negatively affects the quality of their sperm, and as a consequence on the male’s ability to fertilize.
Smoking adversely affects not only sexual health, but also on reproductive function. Nicotine is a cause of infertility, and can be the culprit of various pathologies of the fetus, cause cancer.
Scientists` Activities Have Proven Malignancy of Habits
It is also proved negative influence of smoking on the testes:
- toxins contained in tobacco smoke reduce sperm density;
- as well as its quantity;
- the number of motile sperm;
- alter the composition of the sperm.
The more a person smokes, the more there is a dependence and impact of this disease. Especially great influence on the potency has smoking on men of 35 years and older. Young men have a higher testosterone level, which protects them from the harmful effects.
Scientifically proven fact is that smoking and impotence are closely related concepts. In addition to psychological factors, nicotine addiction is one of the main causes which lead to impotence. This habit causes a lack of oxygen, not only in the genital organs, but also throughout the body. Itself the cardiovascular system is the only channels, feeding blood.
While smoking, functions of special departments in the central nervous system are particularly vulnerable, which are in the lumbar area of the spinal cord and control centers of erection and ejaculation. The harmful effects of tobacco combustion products contribute to the deterioration of these process and cause disturbances in sexual life.
Influence of Poisons and Nicotine
In addition to carbon monoxide in the inhaled cigarette smoke there are poisons, including – nicotine. These substances inhibit the development of sex hormones.
- Doctors categorically claim that smoking causes impotence, and in order to prevent it, you should immediately quit smoking.
- Laboratory studies show that even abstinence from smoking for 5-7 hours prior to sexual intercourse, can significantly increase the potential opportunities men.
- To restore the man’s force lost you must forever renounce the use of cigarettes.
Reduction of generating the necessary hormonal substances leads to a significant decrease in libido, and men have no desire to intimate relations. Reducing the concentration of harmful substances can reduce the influence on the reproductive system organs, leading to partial recovery.